Sunday, December 5, 2010

One of the pieces that I chose was Philip Glass's composition. I liked it because it was very peaceful and relaxing to listen to. It sounded like it had mostly piano in the piece. There were not many things going on in the piece which made it easy to listen to and not complex. This piece would fit well in a serious or sad movie.

Reasons why I dislike this piece is because it is in a way creepy and mysterious. The piece seemed to go on forever and it became boring. It also kept repeating the same tune over and over again. I also don't enjoy music without words therefore; this is definitely   not something I would enjoy listening to in my free time.

I liked the composition by Steve Reich because it was very soothing and constant. The musicians did a good job playing together and with just 18 musicians. It sounded cool how the music was echoing and changing at the same time. I liked how the beat changed in the 4th minute.

The reasons why I disliked the piece was mainly the same as my reasons for Philip Glass's piece. This type of music seems to be very monotonous and predictable. It doesn't appeal to my taste because it is so repetitive. It does not have enough differences between the constant beat and steady tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment